header-menu



TWITTER           INSTAGRAM           BLOGLOVIN'                                                                   beauisblue@gmail.com





Monday 4 April 2016

What To Expect!

It's almost the end of your pregnancy and you're just thinking of when you have a little newborn to cuddle, right? Well I am anyway...
As this is second time round for me I sort of know what to expect.  Saying that, all births are different so this one could be just as new, but I thought I would let all you first-time-rounders know what to expect when you go into labour...

Firstly you're going to have a baby! Oh and don't forget this baby is going to come out of you one way or another too... I remember first time round I don't think I truly registered that a baby was away to come out of me, until I was in the hospital saying "Nope, I cant do this!" My advice is take all the drugs they throw at you, I ended up having an epidural and it was the best thing I could have ever done! Second time round 'Epidural' is written ALL over my notes! 

You're dignity goes as soon as you step foot into that hospital trust me! I remember walking around the room completely naked (I only brought one pair of PJ's and ruined them!) I'm sure Jordan was slightly mortified but at this point I couldn't care less. Even when the midwife was checking to see how many Cm's I was dilated, I lay on the bed, legs wide open with not a care in the world to who was looking down there! 

You will probably hate your partner until there is a baby in your arms! This is strictly not true for me as once the epidural was in I was back to my normal self, however before the epidural I was a horrible hormonal woman! Everything Jordan did annoyed me, eating all the toast, his chewing was so loud, the way he gluped down his juice, the way he kept saying "Is it sore?" I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for the epidural I would have been a single mum there and then! I have promised this time round that I wont be that woman again...! 

Bring food/snacks, and lots of it! Although I did this, I couldn't eat any as of the epidural, but it was a god send when I could eat later on that day and through the night, as I didn't like the hospital food. Also, on the way home swing past McDonalds, guaranteed it'll be the best meal you've ever eaten!! I am planning on doing this second time round!

Don't worry if you don't know what you're doing when baby is here! I had no clue first time round, I mean the first nappy I had ever changed in my life was Elliott's first poo nappy... I panicked and had no clue what to do with it or him, but the midwives are lovely and are eager to help! Oh little tip, boys usually pee when nappy is removed, there's no point in trying to catch it with that little bit of cotton wool the midwives give you to clean them!

You will count the fingers and toes a million times! I remember counting them so many times as I wasn't convinced he had all 10 fingers and 10 toes - he did!

Lastly, it's okay if you forget your baby's name! We had picked Elliott's name before he was even here, but saying it out loud was still so strange... I remember a midwife asking what we called him and my mind went completely blank, thankfully Jordan was on hand to tell her!

Have you got any labour tips?

This post is linked with...

MaternityMondays

No comments:

Post a Comment